Pardon my contrarian position here, but I cannot agree with the assertion in the first paragraph of Thing 22. Indeed, this enterprise did take a lot of time, a veritable boatload of time. And keeping up with what the writers of that paragraph admit is the fast changing landscape of web 2.0 does and will take time. Of course, incremental learning of anything once you’ve first learned about it takes less time, but there will be new developments – let’s not kid ourselves that a casual couple of minutes here and there will really suffice.
Regarding the second point “you know you can do it”. Well, it’s not rocket science. Given a reasonable amount of time and allowing for the fact that sometimes, you can’t do it because of technical restraints – of course we can do it, any reasonably intelligent person can do this stuff. It’s just often very time-consuming to do all the necessary trouble shooting to reach success.
OK, they have me on point three – some of this stuff is fun :) More to the professional point, some of this stuff is useful -- I've already found bookmarking at Delicious helpful. I suspect I won’t end up using everything I created an account for, but some may still prove valuable in ways I haven’t yet discovered. Flickr rekindled my interest in photography to the extent I ponied up the cash to buy a modest digital camera.
I cannot say I will commit to blogging about my ongoing web 2.0 efforts, I don’t really think the world needs more blogs, but I will make a systematic effort to stay up to date on further developments. My RSS feed reader is already primed with subscriptions to some of the mentioned websites.

No comments:
Post a Comment